[PD] project idea

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Sat Sep 4 18:29:41 CEST 2004

I have a java midlet for cell phones that lets them connect to my PANSE
project (http://pallit.lhi.is/panse) over GPRS and the midi-notes get
played on the phone with the phone tones.
http://130.208.220.190/j2mepnse.zip

Only problem is that it relies on Java Midp 2 and not many phones
currently support it. But I know that it works on a Nokia 6600.

Pall

On lau, 2004-09-04 at 14:55, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> You could build it yourself using vgetty
> (http://alpha.greenie.net/vgetty/ ) and an old voice modem, which you
> can get cheap off of ebay.
>
> Another approach is to collect everyone's phone number and play their
> ringers:
>
> http://www.flong.com/telesymphony/
>
> .hc
>
> On Sep 4, 2004, at 10:04 AM, shreeswifty wrote:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > i am beginning a project that deals with cell phone communication and
> > i am soliciting ideas for a way to include pd
> > into the performance. What i would like to do is have visitors or
> > audience members turn on their cell phones before the performance
> > instead of the traditional "please turn off all cell-phones..blah blah"
> > The audience would then be given a phone number on screen to dial and
> > call into a voice system that would turn the cell phone message into
> > mp3s (OGGS)?
> >
> > Which would/could stream using shoutcast~  back into the space.
> >
> > Does anyone know of any services that do this online. I know of a
> > blogger site that does something like translating the call into an
> > audio file
> > then i guess shoutcast it from there?
> >
> > any ideas
> >
> > i realise this is embryonic but i am wondering if this is possible
> > with pd in the mix

Pall Thayer
artist/teacher
http://www.this.is/pallit