[PD] rradical & OSCroute problem on OSX

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Sep 5 01:38:37 CEST 2004

Hallo,
James Tittle II hat gesagt: // James Tittle II wrote:
> ...I'm finally getting around to trying out rradical (the "newtype"),
> and have compiled/installed flext/pool/OSCx from cvs...however, when I
> opened up the tester.pd patch, I got the following output:
>
> OSCroute object version 1.05 by Matt Wright. pd: jdl Win32 raf.
> OSCroute Copyright ??? 1999 Regents of the University of California.
> All Rights Reserved.
> * OSC-route: float arguments are not OK.
>  OSCroute $1
> ... couldn't create
> what am I doing wrong?

You're doing nothing wrong, I need to add some more documentation. :(
The error is there, because [originator] is used with a first argument
that is not starting with a slash "/". The error is harmless, but OSC
won't work if the arg of originator doesn't include the slash.

I would suggest to follow the Memento tutorial, which explains this
and many more useful things in a step-by-step fashion:

$ cd memento/tutorial
$ pd 0-START.pd
(ignore any OSCroute error message until the last patch)

Ciao