[PD] Gem crash in Trigger Gang Bang patch

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 7 12:03:20 CEST 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I'm a Gem dork, I don't know, at all, why the Trigger Gang Bang
> patch keeps crashing at always the same position (after the first 16
> bars.) I can however provide a backtrace, maybe this can be a hint:
>
> Any ideas what might cause this? It is using the Debian package of
> Gem-0.90 and Pd 0.37

i have tested it and it works perfectly with my self-compiled pd/gem
(0.37-4; 0.90cvs) until it "segfaults...again" (i like this most)

however, it is true that the debian-packaged Gem crashes as soon as the
_intro-text should be displayed.

i noticed that the debian-package has no font-support (Günther ?)

the crash is definitely a Gem bug (i admit that i have not thoroughly
tested the stability of Gem without any of the supported text-rendering
libs)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes