[PD] Pd-0.38-0test4HCS1 test release

Stefan Tiedje Stefan-Tiedje at addcom.de
Wed Sep 8 14:50:23 CEST 2004

Christian Klotz wrote:

>>> so I tried your pd.app - really nice work. But the help function out
>>> of the context menu has problems. So I clicked "help" in the menu
>>> and a patch called related shows up six times as well as the
>>> requested help patch. After closing the help patch the complete
>>> pd.app shuts down.
>>> I also tried the pd.app from Miller Puckette, which didnt have this
>>> help behaviour.
>>

>> I do not have this problem here, which help file did you call?
>

> hmm, strange. I tried the send and the trigger help patch.

Yes I can confirm, the send helpfile is kind of weird and seems to be
called by the trigger help as well. It contains only three objects,
universal, send, receive and no explanation whatsoever.
How are theses files called by the way, some of them call up helpfiles
which explain much more objects than I asked for. There must be a kind
of mapping. It seems to be different than in max, where there is just an
object.help within a special help path.

Stefan

--

 [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

        Stefan Tiedje          Klanggestaltung
                               CD-Mastering
           /~~~~~\             Elektronische
    \\\   /|() ()|\             Komposition
    ))))) )|  |  |( \\\        & Improvisation