[PD] Gem crash in Trigger Gang Bang patch

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Wed Sep 8 17:04:11 CEST 2004

On Sep 7, 2004, at 6:03 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> the crash is definitely a Gem bug (i admit that i have not thoroughly
> tested the stability of Gem without any of the supported
> text-rendering libs)

...the first time i ran it, it was missing arial.ttf in the "m"
directory, so i just copied it from my gem install...then it ran but
quit after the initial text display (not sure if there was an error
message):  it wasn't until I ran it a third time that I got to see the
whole thing!  And wow, it's incredible!  I was originally thinking of
doing my talk on "recapitulating demoscene graphics in GEM" ;-)

...very inspiring, now to go work on my entry...

james