[PD] [GEM]: multiple gemwin

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Wed Sep 8 21:06:36 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:48:52AM -0500, chris clepper wrote:

> This will probably be possible at some point, but there are other very
> interesting reasons for multiple render targets - things like rendering
> to surfaces and textures that we are really looking forward to having.

indeed. this is very interesting stuff.
in principle it allows you to run the entire image processing engine
with offline buffers or textures on the gpu.

i tried some of these with 3dp 0.12 but got into some problems with glx.
however, doing multipass rendering to a part of the window does work.
it is fast and it is standard GL, and used in a lot of 3d apps. the only
problem with this is that it only works if the render window is on top.