[PD] freeze

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Thu Sep 9 01:23:04 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 12:57:11AM +0200, mik wrote:
> hi
>
> i seem to have a problem with gem which has existed before and was caused then (some two years ago;  i found something about in the archive) by the nvidia-driver. i've the last nvidia debian (unstable) packages installed and when i destroy a gemwin everything freezes. maybe it's just some simple setting i have to change, i don't know. i have a  Geforce 4 MX440 and no problem whatsoever with other programs (e.g. the ut 2004 demo runs quite well).
>
> any ideas?

hi mik,

are you running pd with -rt ?

i think this is a problem with 'pd -rt' and nvidia drivers.
i have freezing windows all the time when i combine the two,
both gem and 3dp and even in wvvw.

this only happens when the window in question is dragged.

for me this problem goes away by disabling -rt

tom