[PD] freeze

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Thu Sep 9 03:10:36 CEST 2004

> > hi mik,
> >
> > are you running pd with -rt ?
> yes, i was.
> > for me this problem goes away by disabling -rt
> >
> for me too. thx. will it make a big difference, performance-wise?

yes. you will probably get more audio dropouts for the same buffer size.

increasing the buffer size is about the only thing you can do without
starting to get creative running 2 pd's, one for audio with -rt
and one for video without -rt and audio, communicating using netsend.

> will the problem reoccur if i run pd as root? (we'll soon know...)

it shouldn't depend on being root or not.