[PD] diagram of a classic drumsynth

chris tyrrell shaper_mechanist at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 03:27:53 CEST 2004

 --- Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:

p.s: if you are the chris who knows my sister in
dublin, say her nice
greetings from me.

- yes i am; sometimes it scares me how small the world
is becoming...i shall give her your greetings when i
see her next :-)

anyway:
wow, something i posted didn't make me look like a
dumbass for a change (although i'm not sure that those
two line~ objects i accidentally left in that
frankenstein patch are doing anything), actually i
sort of ripped the idea off Paul Kellet's extremely
basic (but somehow beguiling) drumsynth program
(http://www.mda-vst.com) in drumsynth cymbal sounds
are produced using "a 'sea' of tones" (his words)
which makes perfect sense when you think about it,
although i can't quite figure out how he does it if
you mess about with a waveform for long enough you're
sure to get that randomized sound, the peculiar thing
is that as of yet i've never seen that technique used
since (although that's only as far as i know)...

=====