[PD] [GEM]: multiple gemwin

Ivan Franco ivan.franco at ydreams.com
Thu Sep 9 13:32:04 CEST 2004

Hi!

On Gridflow:
I think it's also a great library but it's still missing the binary
distribution (win/osx).
This would really give extra value to gridflow since we know that most
people
are not into compiling. I gave up some kind of systems since I realized
I spent more
configuring than creating. This is true for all of us users. PD has
really gained
from the more recent efforts in the binary distributions/installers
(thanks Hans).
I know this is in your TODO list...

Cheers
I.

On Sep 8, 2004, at 6:55 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Ivan Franco wrote:
>
>> in fact those of you who know jitter or nato know how cool it is to be
>> able to have monitors inside the patch itself. They can act like
>> |print| (debugging data) only in this case with video streams. of
>> course it should be complicated using a tcl/tk interface but if we
>> could just have multiple monitors floating around and picking part of
>> a Gem processing stream...
>
> GridFlow has unlimited windows open at once, including windows
> embedded in
> the patch. That latter feature, however, is Linux-only, and here's a
> demo
> of it:
>
>   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/peephole3.png
>
> And yes, it's sucking CPU, but that's not a criterion of exclusion from
> GridFlow.
>
> The only remaining problem, for you, is that GridFlow is not GEM.

> Mathieu Bouchard                       http://artengine.ca/matju

_________________________________

Ivan Franco
I&D Director

ivan.franco at ydreams.com
http://www.iilab.com/ivan/

YDreams SA
http://www.ydreams.com

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Notice:
YDreams accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard
to the information herein contained.
This message including any attachment hereof is confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise legally
protected from disclosure and may only be read, copied and used by the
intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately (+351 21
294 9683) and delete this email and
any attachment permanently from your system. You must not copy this
email or any attachment or disclose
its/their contents to any other person or entity. Thank you.