[PD] Re: [GEM-dev] text2d expensive?

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Sep 10 07:45:26 CEST 2004

Yes, [text2d] uses a very inefficient OpenGL call (glDrawPixels if you
are curious), which Jamie and I discovered the other night.  It is
highly recommended to use [text3d] for all text functions.

The 'FSAA $1' message will turn on anti-aliasing and make the text
nicer looking - try a value of 4.

cgc