[PD] bluetooth remote control?

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Fri Sep 10 15:31:05 CEST 2004

Sounds like a hell of a workaround and probably easier to do without the
microcontroller. As Slimboy... says, there is Salling Clicker for OSX
but I'm sure you could find some open-source solutions as well. For
instance, I know there's something that lets you controll xmms from a
mobile over bluetooth on linux. Most likely open-source and could give
some idea of what's involved.

On fös, 2004-09-10 at 10:47, rat at telecoma.net wrote:
> hi christian,
>
> there are a few bluetooth serialport modules out there,
> for example the one from parallax.com.
> you can interface it to a microcontroller to build your own
> physical interface and then get the data via the comport object
> into your pd patch.
>
> best
>
> erich
>
> ----------------------------------
> http://randomseed.org
>
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Christian Klotz wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> > because of trying to remote control a pd patch I was wondering if its
> > possible to use bluetooth. Because it has to be a special device I am
> > not planning to use any bluetooth keyboards or mice. Does anybody know
> > a possibility to get this idea workin (on OS X in this case) or is
> > there a way to get the bluetooth data on a midi channel?
> > thanks, cheers
> > ---
> > Christian Klotz
> > Kunsthochschule Kassel / School of Arts Kassel ::digitalpool

Pall Thayer
artist/teacher
http://www.this.is/pallit
http://130.208.220.190