[PD] bluetooth remote control?

rat at telecoma.net rat at telecoma.net
Fri Sep 10 16:15:53 CEST 2004

hi,

> I had a look at the parallax site. Thanks for this. Have you ever tried
> this stuff? Is there to do any microcontroller programming for getting
> all this stuff working?

its basically your choice:
you can use it with a basic stamp (or other readymades)
and program it in basic or you use a pic and program in
assembler or c or basic or whatever languages are suported
by certain pic types.

basic stamp is expensive but u dont need a programmer(hardware) and the
software come for free (runs just on win and mac)
pic is cheap but u need a programmer (hardware) and if u dont want to
programm assembler or c then there are just a few free tools for a few
types.

for prototyping and fast results i would go for one of the
readymade basic programmable chips.
for small series i would jump into the pic domain / its worth it.

cheers

erich