[PD] mpjpeg to mpeg/avi/... stream ?

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Fri Sep 10 18:11:35 CEST 2004

polto at alsenet.com wrote:

>Hi !
>

>>where is the mpjpg stream coming from?
>>

>from a webcam witch is streamed in mpjpeg by a little server what i can't touch
>or modify. (can't choose another video codec that MPJPEG)
>

>>what version of ffserver are you connecting to ?
>>

>0.4.9 i work on Gentoo GNU/Linux all everything is last version.
>actualy i don't try to connect to my ffserver.

?? actually, when you send a message like 'connect
http://192.168.0.1:8090/test.mpjpg'
to pdp_live~, it tries to connect to your ffmpeg server.

BUT, the ffserver is broken now in current ffmpeg versions (0.4.9 is not
ok neither),
so you have to use something like this one :
http://tdegoyon.free.fr/ffmpeg-cvs-2003-03-04.tar.gz

which is old but stable.

sevy