[PD] VST

Thomas Ouellet Fredericks iamonthebeach at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:35:03 CEST 2004

Up to now, all my VST plugins work great with vst~ for PD. Thanks a lot!

Here are a few observations:

1) When you load a dll, eventhought it is not a VST it still outputs the invalid dll name when you click getplug. I think GETPLUG should only output valide vst plugin names as a means of checking if your plugin is correctly loaded.

2) I think Vst~ is treated as a graphical object meaning in warps the window size when graph on parent is activated.

3) Sometimes, it can not get the names of the parameters eventhought they are detected and function. examples :
 crazy ivan from http://www.smartelectronix.com/~bram/
and a bunch of mda vsts from http://www.mda-vst.com/

R.A) Is there a way to send a midi Sync signal, maybe there is a way to do it with midi messages, I just do not know how.
R.B)Also, could vst~ output midi messages?
The two previous requests would open up the world of vst sequencers and that would be great.

Happy to be a vst~ user

tom