[PD] Pure data Process on electronic stand alone board ?

Julien Jassaud sojastar at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 15 02:29:37 CEST 2004

> A dummy question. Is it possible to transport a patch pd on a light
> electronic
> system, which is powered by a simple batterie?

I run PD on a mini-itx EPIA-5000 motherboard
(www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=2#p1601) with just a laptop hard
drive and this very light power suply
(www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=10#p1804). The motherboard is
only 17x17cm and by using Linux, you could easaly have your patch
launched automaticaIy at startup. I use it this way for a piece I did
(a PD controlled pinball machine) and have found it very reliable.

I guess you could replace the 220V to 12V converter by a battery.

Hope this helps,
Julien