[PD] [OT] Thinkpad + Fireface

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Sat Sep 18 18:40:24 CEST 2004

> One thing I'm not sure about though is this:
> All my Thinkpads (third one now) have had Celeron processors. I noticed
> the other day that someone was advising people to avoid pentium 4's
> because they didn't run PD well. I have no experience with that but
> perhaps something to keep in mind.

The P4s have for instance the denormalising effect which causes some
problems with audioapplications. But its not a good idea to have one in
a notebook anyway because these are desktop cpus and draws lot energy.
Better to go with Centrino chip(sets) so you can use your laptop on the
run too.

Cheers,

Malte

--