[PD] mp3/ogg play

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 18 20:58:29 CEST 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, august wrote:
> > Do you have an idea which bad things, or do you have a stripped-down
> > example showing that behavior?
> I don't have a computer to test with right now, but I believe it would
> crash PD everytime you called a deconstrucor in a class.

you know you're approaching an artistic enclave when destructors are
called "deconstructors". In Pd it's simply called a "free function", but
if you open the jMax .h files you can read "deconstructor" in the
equivalent spot.

In one of my programs I've also had something called a deconstructor, but
it wasn't a free-func, it was a serializer, much like a "save function" in
Pd (savefn). (And I thought I was being funny...)