[PD] pd & midi

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 19 17:27:08 CEST 2004

juto aviten wrote:
> Hello friends,
>

> jackd recognize the midiman 2x2 + controler (I tested some others apps)
> but it seems pd didn't write midi in jack, maybe you already no that?
> but even in oss there's no MIDI,  there is no read/write permissions on
> /dev/midi even if we write on it -mididev 1 2 3, others application work
> fine!

pd cannot use jack's midi possibilities.
it needs a simple (OSS) /dev/midi or /dev/midi* device to read from or
write too.
if you cannot write to /dev/midi, you most probably don't have the
permissions.
try to "ls -l /dev/midi*" and watch out whether the perms are ok (if it
links to something, check the referenced file)
probably you need to be in a special group to have write access to the
device (like "audio" or "midi")

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes