[PD] Re: [Pdweb] old list archive URLs are broken

Lex Ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Tue Sep 21 06:04:32 CEST 2004

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Tough problem to solve, that will work well enough I think.  I think
> we'll be better off in the end, once google catches on ;).

Google for re-indexing at  http://www.google.com/addurl.html
Hopefully, all will all be re-grooved in a month or two.

If the root page of the newly indexed PD-list had been renamed, then
Google could be requested to REMOVE the old entire tree from its index.
As it stands now, it could take YEARS for the old (broken) links links
to fade from the search results.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/3.html#B1
1. Removing a page from the Google index.
Except in instances involving legal issues or spam, Google's policy for
removing a page from our index requires that we obtain the permission of
that page's webmaster. This prevents competitors from sabotaging each
other's listings. Please have the webmaster for the page in question
contact us with proof that he/she is indeed the webmaster. This proof
must be in the form of a root level page on the site in question,
requesting removal from Google. Once we receive the URL that corresponds
with this root level page, we will remove the offending page from our
index. For more information on this process, please see
http://www.google.com/remove.html.