[PD] Error Compiling Zexy on x86_64

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Sep 21 19:33:21 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I finally got my hammerfall to work on a 64bit AMD laptop, all thanks to
Takashi Iwai! I sing his praise from the hiltops!

So, now on to PD. PD-0.38-0test4 runs fine, Im still working on GEM, but in the mean time zexy wont compile:

:: zexy.o z_connective.o z_pack.o z_multiplex.o z_drip.o z_makesymbol.o z_strings.o z_index.o z_msgfile.o z_stat.o z_average.o z_sort.o z_tabread4.o z_coordinates.o z_datetime.o z_lp.o z_matrix.o z_noise.o z_testfun.o z_multiline.o z_sigmatrix.o z_nop.o z_zdelay.o z_limiter.o z_quantize.o z_swap.o z_sigbin.o z_sigaverage.o z_dfreq.o z_sigzero.o z_pdf.o z_sfplay.o z_sfrecord.o z_sigpack.o z_prime.o z_random.o z_wrap.o
ld -export_dynamic  -shared -o zexy.pd_linux *.o -lc -lm
ld: z_average.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
z_average.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
make: *** [all] Error 1

I looked in the makefile and it looks like -fPIC is used, though Im not too fimiliar with coding on linux to know for sure. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
-thewade