[PD] gui and abstraction

Johannes Burström johannes at ljud.org
Wed Sep 22 00:29:50 CEST 2004

Hi

I've been playing with GOP:s a bit lately, and found two things:

If you are making a small ui, like a small reusable volume control, it
can be hard to resize the child patch. Then you might consider to make
the window larger, and spread out the objects in a relative position to
each other. in the GOP, they will keep the same relative position.

When doing the final positioning of the ui objects, it makes things
easier if you have two instances of the patch in the parent window. You
edit one (which gets greyed out) and watch the changes in the other one
when saving.

hope this helps.
Johannes