[PD] readanysf~ crashes when it receives a "stop" message

ClaudiusMaximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 00:52:01 CEST 2004

I created a patch with [readanysf~].  I sent it an [open $1( message
filled with an [openpanel] (I selected a wav file). I sent it a [play(
message and it started playing.  I sent it a [stop( message and
[readanysf~] crashed - the patch window became totally non-responsive
but the main Pd window still worked.  Closing the main Pd window did not
exit Pd completely, the windows closed but the terminal window had no
additional output (the last message was the Open... printout from
[readanysf~]

readanysf~ version 0.13
flext version 0.4.6 installed in /usr/local/lib/

I'm running GNU/Linux Red Hat 9 PlanetCCRMA, with pure-data-devel 0.37
checked out from CVS a couple of months ago.

I also had crashes loading particular WAV files, others worked fine (all
were output of "mpg123 x.mp3 -w x.wav") - something about "Unknown
command 0.c" or similar was printed in the terminal window and patch
windows became non-responsive, as above.

Which version combinations of flext/readanysf~ are known to be stable?