[PD] readanysf~ crashes when it receives a "stop" message

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Wed Sep 22 01:29:04 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 08:52:01AM EST, ClaudiusMaximus wrote:
> I created a patch with [readanysf~].  I sent it an [open $1( message
> filled with an [openpanel] (I selected a wav file). I sent it a [play(
> message and it started playing.  I sent it a [stop( message and
> [readanysf~] crashed - the patch window became totally non-responsive
> but the main Pd window still worked.  Closing the main Pd window did not
> exit Pd completely, the windows closed but the terminal window had no
> additional output (the last message was the Open... printout from
> [readanysf~]

I had the same problem, however when attempting to stop readanysf~, as far as I
can remember, it took out PD in its entirety.

I re-compiled everything with no optimization, and was able to get a gdb
backtrace, however running under gdb didn't allow readanysf~ to go any further
than an attempted load into PD.

I don't have the backtrace to hand, but I can easily reproduce it if necessary.
--
Luke Yelavich
http://www.audioslack.com
luke at audioslack.com