[PD] Newbie flext install

ba ba at uvic.ca
Wed Sep 22 06:36:04 CEST 2004

Hi

I just downloaded flext and installed it; and put the pd source directory into
the config file.

I can't seem to compile anything though, I have tried

gcc -B <flext source directory> main.cpp -DFLEXT_SYS=2

gcc -B <flext source directory> main.cpp -DFLEXT_SYS=2

gcc -l <flext lib directory> main.cpp -DFLEXT_SYS=2

gcc -l <flext lib directory> main.cpp -DFLEXT_SYS=2

in the /flext/tutorial/simple1 but all I get is error messages, with the first
being "flext.h: no such file or directory".

I was wondering if someone has a flext installation procedure that works for
them.  I'm running slackware 10 with gcc 3.4, if that helps.

Also, is there a proper place to put the pd source files?  I installed pd with
"make install" and have no idea where it all went, but I can run pd now.
where does pd install the source on the HD?

thanks

-brendan