[PD] Newbie flext install

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Sep 22 10:48:46 CEST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, ba wrote:
> Also, is there a proper place to put the pd source files?  I installed pd with
> "make install" and have no idea where it all went, but I can run pd now.
> where does pd install the source on the HD?

The make install does not install the sources, but the binaries.
There is no "proper" place to put the pd sources, just put them
where you want. For compiling externals you just need one file,
and this should be /usr/local/include/m_pd.h if you compiled and installed
it yourself. /usr/include/m_pd.h if you installed a package of your
distribution. The difference between /usr and /usr/local is made in
order to not mix up software that was installed by hand and software
that comes from the distribution.

Guenter