[PD] Marionette Control

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sat Sep 25 18:58:48 CEST 2004

I'm probably only suggesting this because it's what I'm working on right
now, so I'm sure there's got to be other ways of doing this.  You can
get cheap motors of all kinds from American Science and Surplus
(http://www.sciplus.com). Then you could do something with a PIC and an
RF receiver/transmitter. PD could send OSC commands wirelessly to the
robot/marionnette,  where the PIC would trigger current to the correct
motor. It may not even need to be wireless, depending on what you mean
by marionette. If you want it to have cables running to the ceiling,
then you may as well skip wireless. If PIC is too thorny, you could also
try a BASIC Stamp.

Have you ever read Über das Marionettentheater by Heinrich von Kleist?

-Ian