[PD] GEM and toshiba laptop

grod grod_morel at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:25:50 CEST 2004

hello everyone! I got a problem and would really apreciate any help to solve it...
I´m running pd on winXP (sucks, I know) on a Toshiba Satellite a16-sp100 (celeron 2.4 Ghz-256 ram) with an Intel 82852/82855 gm/gme graphics controller that I use for an external monitor.
The problem is that when I drag a gem window to the external monitor the CPU meter goes from, say, 7 to 70, when lucky... that doesn´t happen if i drag a Windows Media window for example, what makes me think that Gem makes the graph controller achieve some ram space to work somehow freely... and the fact that this only happens with pd and gem makes me wish there´s a solution from pd itself... so I ask for help to the community... thanks in advance
cheers
Gerardo Morel (aka Grod)