[PD] multichannel with SB Audigy 2 (winXP)

. . microtono at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 20:11:24 CEST 2004

hello
i'm a new user of Pd. I use the 0.37.2 version on winXP with a Sound Blaster
Audigy 2.
my problem start when I try to use 4 (or more than 2) audio outputs. I check
the -listdev and it shows something like this:

input devices:
1. SB Audigy Audio [DC00]
2. Lýnea #0 del modem
output devices:
0. SB Audigy Audio [DC00]
1- Lynea #0 del modem
API number 3

midi devices work fine, thats why I dont include them.
the only way that Pd works fine is when I run it with -audiodev 0
-outchannels 2
but if I run it with other configuration like -outchannels 4, or -inchannels
2 -outchannels 4, or others specifications of de audio device it appears an
error, it's something like this: (It has been translated from spanish, so I
hope it's understable for you)

12 audio buffers:
waveInOpen: the specify format is not compatible or can not be traduce. Use
the capacities function for determine the compatible formats.
Wave out open device 0 + 1
waveOutOpen device: the specify format is not compatible or can not be
traduce. Use the capacities function for determine the compatible formats.
resyncing audio
12 audio buffers
12 audio buffers

Pd audio works but only stereo, the dac~ 1 and 3 sounds together, the same 2
and 4.
I tried some solutions that appears on the list, but anyone serves me. the 6
outputs of the SB works fine in other programs, but Pd only use 2 of them.
if you have any answer, or question about this problem, tell me please!!!!!

best regards

R. Canedo