[PD] Pd-Convention Graz: webcams + irc

Sven Guckes maillist-pd-list at guckes.net
Fri Oct 1 04:24:45 CEST 2004

* .beau <beau25 at access4less.net> [2004-09-29 00:08]:

here's our audio feed: http://stream.kunstlabor.at:5800/khlive

> Plus cam4 is sideways, if anyone there is reading this could
> you straighten it out.

been meaning to do that since then - but had not time so far.
will do now... check it out!  http://cam4.kunstlabor.at/

> What is an IRC and how do I use it?

that's almost like saying "what's email - and how do i use it?" ;-)
my point is that IRC is an internet service like email
(usenet, ftp, ssh...), ie a very basic one which has
been around for quite a while.  it pays to know it.

okok.. summary: IRC stands for International Relay Chat and
it is a chat system for 1:N, ie one talks - N people listen.

you'd have to install an IRC client to be able to connect to
one of the many IRC servers out there.  one of them is ours
at irc.kunstlabor.at.  commands start with a slash character, eg
"/server", "/list #puredata", "/join puredata" or "/whois sveng".

graphical irc clients make it easier for users to
use the mouse and click onto buttons, but... ymmv.

for more info see the site http://www.irchelp.org/

> Also here in San Francisco on Saturday there will be a
> "Love Parade," in the electronic music spirit that evening
> I will be dedicated my vj set to the Graz Convention.
> http://drummachine.com/LMSF04.html

thanks :-)

Sven  [using irc since 1989]

--