[PD] square wave osc & pwm

Anton Woldhek woldhek at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 3 12:04:22 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,

wel i'm having fun at school (i started studying sound design), also having fun discussing the pros & contras of pd with my max teacher (he pretty quickly dismissed pd).
Anyways, for another class (that I luckily can use whatever means necessary for) I have to do something with a square wave, where i  have to create a composition with one oscillator and modulate a couple things. One of the things that need to modulate is the duty cycle (pulse width).
My first approach with a wave form other then sin would be a wavetable osc like [tabread4~]. However, i dont see a very efficient method of creating pulse width modulation.

Could anybody suggest a way to approach this?

Thanks
Anton