[PD] Midi and the hammerfall: noshow

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Oct 4 19:02:54 CEST 2004

> midi is I think independent from jack. if you use alsa be sure you have
> snd-rawmidi and the oss compatibility layer loaded as driver

my .config kernel config file has:
CONFIG_SND_RAWMIDI=y
CONFIG_SND_OSSEMUL=y

It has to be a driver (module) and not compiled into the kernel?
Could this have something to do with hdspmixer not working (e.g. does
hdspmixer make the midi interface available)?

> can you use MIDI with other software ?

I dont know, is there some way from the command line to send midi
signals out /dev/midi(x)? Is that even the interface for the hammerfall?
At this point all I have is PD (and gem). I may install audacity later,
but I do all my final mixdown (for recordings) on my windows box.

I think your right, with regard to midi and jack being seperate. My old
laptop was able to use both jack and hdsp midi with pd...
weird.

Thanks for the help!
-thewade