[PD] GEM: speed of pix_film (fps) manipulation

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 20:25:20 CEST 2004

On Oct 4, 2004, at 7:18 PM, Max Neupert wrote:

> hi list,
>
> how can i change the speed of a movie played? (the fps) the helpfile
> of pix_film says nothing about that.

...hmmm, I guess it doesn't say it outright, but the solution is
implied:  basically, the right inlet accepts a number that is the frame
you want to display...consequently, you need to add something like a
[metro] and [counter] to get a series of numbers...if you say [metro
33] (which outputs a bang every 33 ms), then it'll play at 30fps...

...also, you can just sent a [auto $1< message to the left inlet:  this
then tells the object to play a new frame for everytime it goes thru
the render loop...and of course, this render loop speed is set by
sending the [frame $1< message to the [gemwin]:  don't make it faster
than your computer can handle!

I've attached a barebones example showing the first:  check out
[gemwin] help for the latter...

james