[PD] Re: [PD-dev] crashes with "popup" when using inside GOP

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Oct 5 21:07:54 CEST 2004

Hey Oliver,

Hmmm, I've been using popup in GOPs since it was written on OSX and linux
without delete problems. You're not, by any chance, trying to send a message to
popup via a loadbang when the abstraction loads? Try putting just popup w/out
anything else in a gop and see if that still crashes on delete. If that works
you can try copying the cutting and pasting the popup to put it on the top and
then reconnect it. I did have some issues with deletion order with entry (which
shares a lot of code w/ popup).

I'm using pd 0.37.1 on OSX and 0.37.1 TEST6 on linux... what are your minor
version numbers? "Help" -> "About PD"

As for feature requests I can put it on the list of things to do, but saving the
height as a creation argument causes the issue of patch compatibility. The
arguments are saved in the patch, so the argument list would be compatible with
the new popup but not the old one. A possibility is a message that sets the
height via message, but when reopening the patch the new height would be lost.

How many pixels high is the popup on windows? Looks about the same on OSX and
Linux. (24 pixels high on linux)

As for the widget coming up on top, this is just how tcl/tk draws widgets on
canvases.

Thanks for the feedback, please get back to me when you try what I suggest.

Ben