[PD] Layered loops: Delays or Arrays?

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Thu Oct 7 20:19:10 CEST 2004

I liked delay lines because they seem elegant too. However, when I got 4
of them going I started getting stack overflows. I went over to arrays,
which seem more easily manipulatable, maybe just because I'm more
familiar with them. More importantly, they haven't caused stack overflows ;)

Here's what I came up with. I'll probably add some more features, but
it's functional. It's for a friend who was about to put down god knows
how much money on the hardware version, and I said that her laptop could
probably do the same job a lot better. Getting the envelope was the
toughest part. I tried a few different schemes and think using a
threshold~ and a line~ works best.

Thanks for the patch, it's very interesting, though I did have some
problems figuring it out.

-Ian