[PD] pd audio interface LATENCY

Owen Cartwright ocartwri at bennington.edu
Thu Oct 7 22:00:22 CEST 2004

Hello,
    I have a question regarding audio latency with PD and windows. I am currently using an Emagic 2|6 usb audio input device to run live audio into pd. As is expected, there is some latencey involved in this process, but I seem to have MUCH more latency time than my friend running Max/MSP on his Macintosh laptop with a similar usb audio interface... why is this?? The emagic device claims to have super-low latency, but it is almost useless for performing live with PD. Any suggestions? Where is all the latency comming from, and why is there so much more than with my friend's setup? My computer is 3.06 ghz with 1 gig ram and windows XP. I would appreciate any and all advice on this matter. many many many thanks to all who post on this forum to begin with anyway, you have been very helpful to me.

           Thanks,
                Owen Cartwright