[PD] Re: OSCprepend & rrad.tpl.pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 8 18:57:30 CEST 2004

Hallo,
patrick hat gesagt: // patrick wrote:

> > Thanks! I have got "any" now, it just the plugin~ left now. I have just
> > compile plugin~ cause I kept getting:
> >
> > Warning (plugin~): dummy substitution
>
> look at this post:

Yeah, I was bitten by that one, too. Instead of the library loading
order fix, that Krzysztof suggested (and that works, but make sure you
still get the "prepend" from Cyclone, see below) I just removed
plugin~ from Cyclone's list of dummy substitions and recompiled it.

See /externals/miXed/cyclone/shadow/dummies.c and comment or delete
the line with "plugin~".

The most simple fix actually is the following, with a big BUT:

Dummies also won't get loaded, if you do not load Cyclone as library.

*BUT* then iemlib's [prepend] will overwrite the [prepend] in Cyclone if
you load iemlib as library, which you only can avoid, if you use the
iemlib single externals as they are built with the CVS build system.

Sounds complicated, huh? Well, it is!! It is a really bad situation
that hopefully will be resolved when Pd finally gets a [prepend] as a
builtin list operating object as was discussed at Graz and then
everyone can rely on this instead of clashes in various libraries.

Ciao