[PD] Marionette Control

lex ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Sat Oct 9 03:12:31 CEST 2004

These were Solid State Relays (SSRs), by the way.  These contain an
optoisolator(LED +phototransistor) and some big beefy FETs (for DC) and
SCRs or TRIACs(for AC).  The standard PC parallel port can drive LEDs
easily, and can sink up to 15 mA for the 8 data pins and Strobe outputs.
Your mileage may vary.

Radio Shack sells smaller ones 275-0310, and Opto22 and others make big
ones.
Big list (too big) http://www.73.com/a/0100.shtml

Cheers,
Lex