[PD] [rradical]careGUI.pd + openpanel

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 9 17:17:05 CEST 2004

Hallo,
chun lee hat gesagt: // chun lee wrote:
> Was just looking at the careGUI.pd and realized that there is no button to
> to load the existing preset .dat file. I have added a [bang] so that it
> opens a [openpanel] and then load the .dat file in [pool].

The way careGUI works, is that you first select a file to work on with
"FILE", then you save (SAVE) or restore (LOAD) to this file. So it's
two clicks to open a file with the current careGUI, but I like it
better that way, because it then is just one click to save as well.

But that should not stop you or one else to create other caretakers
(There already is another one called careOSC btw. which saves
OSC-formatted messages). RRADical is just a toolbox with some
suggested tools, but it is meant to be extended and customized.

> Also, when saving file in [careGUI], I realized that the file has to be
> saved with .dat extension, otherwise it won't work. Is this correct?

I currently fight bad crashes here I need to find the reason for
(probably some c++ compilation issue), but I'm quite sure, you can
omit the .dat, as I remember, that I did this already. .dat is not
hardcoded anywhere in RRADical.

Ciao