[PD] Re: [rradical]example.pd bugs?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 9 17:27:18 CEST 2004

Hallo,
chun lee hat gesagt: // chun lee wrote:

> Hi frank:
>
> Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the feedback!!

> >Well, it looks like you find all the unfinished patches first. ;)
> Sorry, I am a bit confused.....
> Ummm, first as in I am the first person that found it's unfinished or I got
> them from the wrong place so they are unfinished? where could I get the
> finished version?

Well, some of the patches in rradical are well tested, others aren't.
You found the not-so-well tested ones first. Some well-tested ones
are:

rrad.fm2~
rrad.adsr~
rrad.pattseq
rrad.nseq
rrad.delay~.pd
rrad.eros~.pd
rrad.rev1~.pd
rrad.lop~
rrad.angriff~
speakerboxx
rrad.minipli
rrad.split~
rrad.metro
rrad.fluid~

> >Regarding your send/recive problem: I cannot really duplicate this,
> >but in the newer patches, I normally use the same send and receive
> >names in the IEMGUI object (like it already is for $0-lfo). The "-in"
> >and "-out" will be removed altogether everywhere to fit with this
> >model. When I was doing those patches, I didn't knew that this simple
> >approach can work very well and all the time.
> I made a small mistake in my last post. $0-wave-out/in is correct, but the
> rest (warm, inst and lfo) isn't. I found that the send and receive symbol
> set in the sliders properties were the wrong way round as to the right order
> set in the Wave's radio buttons.

I now checked in a version which has all "-in" and -out" removed. This
is much easier to work with and less errorprone.

> >> error: scale: no method for "float"
> >You got the "wrong" [scale]
>
> I suspected this might be the case (my [scale] is from GEM), but instead of
> looking for the right scale, I thought it might be quicker doing [/127]->[*
> somevale] to get the right scaling. I have done enough of object hunting
> yesterday;)

There also is checked in a rrad.scale.pd now, and "scale" was replaced
in all (or most, in case I missed some) patches, that used maxlib "scale".

> >I forgot the double [sqrt] part!! How could I miss this. Can you
> >check, if attached rrad.adsr4~ sounds better (with the [*~][*~] in
> >again)? This has the [sqrt][sqrt] in it.
>
> After I plugged the [rrad.adsr4~] in the place of [mgadsr] (presumably this
> is where you want me to try), I realized that there were quite a bit of
> modification need to be made for it to work (mainly the difference in output
> string format), so I just put the [sqrt]->[sqrt]->[vline~] in the [madsr]
> and kept the [mgadsr] as is. The level is good now.

Okay, I thought, analoggue osc was using the rrad.adsr~ envelope,
sorry. madsr will go away and be replaced with rrad.adsr~ or
rrad.adsr4~ later.

> >(hint: "pd usecases/use-showcase.pd" ;)
>
> Ok, am I doing something fundamentally wrong in checking stuff out from the
> CVS? I got no "use-showcase.pd" in my "/abstractions/rradical/usecase"
> directory.
>
> And I just did a on-line browsing at the CVS
> "CVS/pure-data/abstractions/rradical/usecases" and see no "use-showcase.pd"
> either.
>
> What happened?

I forgot to check these into CVS, sorry for the confusion. I will add
them ASAP. I was conviced they were checked in, but they are just on
my own disk. :(

Anyway, you can also get the package from my site until Sourceforge
catches up at:
http://footils.org/pkg/showcase.tgz

Thanks a lot for your patience and reports!!

Ciao