[PD] devel_37 CVS compile error [solved, but not really...]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Oct 11 12:26:38 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas and Tim,

and thanks. I got it compiled this morning. The devel branch has a
pretty font, I must say.

However, it still didn't solve my problem. A patch which runs on Linux
at comfortably less than half of my Athlon XP 1.8 GHz shuttle's CPU goes
*way* over the line on my P4 1.6 Ghz laptop.

I am really at wit's end trying to figure out what else I can optimize!
I recompiled *every* external, plugin, etc with "-march=pentium4 -O2
-mfpmath=sse -msse -msse2 -mmmx" again yesterday, and used all the P4
optimizations which Tim has included in the cvs branch. This craptop is
about to go out the window, really....

best,
d.

--