[PD] Gem initial trial run errors.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 11 19:45:19 CEST 2004

thewade wrote:
> Sorry about the delay, Im trying to get the voulentary-preemption kernel
> working...
>
> Here is my configure output:
> FTGL support: yes
> GLTT support: no
> libmpeg3 support: yes
> libquicktime support: yes
> aviplay support: yes
> libdv support: yes

looks great.

> pix_texture: not using client storage - with video clips

this means nothing
client storage is only implemented on macOS-X !

> I can see no movie files being played despite not getting error messages
> (except)
> mpeg3video_seek: frame accurate seeking without a table of contents
> is no longer supported.  Use mpeg3toc <mpeg file> <table of contents>
> to generate a table of contents and load the table of contents instead.

this is not an error. i get this too (LATER gem will probably use a toc)

however:

does video-playback work generally ? try mplayer and qtplay (!)

which movies have you tried ? do all movies (quicktime, mpeg, avi) fail
to display ? (i guess so)
try using [pix_film] + [pix_draw] instead of texturing.
if this still does not work, try using an analysing pix-object :
[pix_info] (does it get the correct dimension ?, which colorspace is the
image in ?), [pix_dump] (is there any "interesting" data?)

> do video for this OS - even though I have video built into the kernel:
> http://www.aproximation.org/application/kernel-2.6.9-rc3.config
> (though I have no video camera pluged in)

> Gem has been compiled without FONT-support ! - I can see no fonts

both of these seem to be related to the configure (probably the movie is
too!)

check Base/configLinux.h; you should have lines like:

#define HAVE_LIBFTGL 1
/* #undef HAVE_LIBGLTT */
/* #undef HAVE_LIBMPEG */
#define HAVE_LIBMPEG3 1
#define HAVE_LIBQUICKTIME 1
#define HAVE_LIBAVIPLAY 1
/* #undef HAVE_LIBAVFORMAT */
/* #undef HAVE_LIBAVCODEC */

> Any idea on how to get these things working?

try setting the correct defines in the configLinux.h (see above)

good luck

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes