[PD] PD really slow, crashing and no sound

William Robinson airbaggins at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 23:21:38 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 21:43, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Strange, strange, ...
>
> > These are the error messages (relating to OSS) I get when I run pd
> > -verbose (but I get no sound):
>
> Could you try to run Pd with "-noadc" to not use full-duplex? Also: If
> you run Pd without audio at all ("pd -noaudio") is it still that
> sluggish?

-noadc seemed to fix the responsiveness and OSS and ALSA worked using
it, but not jack though. Well, I mean the test tone worked. -noaudio
worked as well (of course?), but I'm guessing that it's not quite as
useful.

Thanks for the help. Is there anything that I can do to get full-duplex
working? It works with most other programs.

-bill