[PD] PD really slow, crashing and no sound

William Robinson airbaggins at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 12:16:44 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 09:54, martin pichlmair wrote:
> hi,
>
> i've got a machine with the same audio chip (yet maybe a slightly
> different version)
>
> > I have really no idea and I think this somehow is strange behaviour
> > and Pd /should/ work with the AC97 chip.
>
> actually it does for me. but it only did so when run over alsa in my
> case - and even then i got loads of drop outs.
>
> i think you should really try to get alsa running ... if the chip works
> in other alsa apps in duplex?

Ok. It seems that my problems are running a little deeper than I
thought. Previously, soundtracker, using the oss interface and jack,
using alsa had been working both in full duplex, though i've just tried
these again and now very little seems to be working properly. This is
really annoying as I don't think I've changed anything since it was
working a few days ago.

I will be back at it when I work out what has gone wrong with alsa. I
think the only thing that I have done recently is add the following
modules to be autoloaded on boot:
realtime gid=18
snd-pcm-oss
snd-seq-oss