[PD] GEM in WinXP, Nvidia video error

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Oct 12 16:48:37 CEST 2004

Quoting Jon B <cz4c6zc02 at sneakemail.com>:

> Trying Gem in windows; most of it works fine.  The video patches don't
> work, giving the error:
>
> couldn't determine video-driver name
> error: GEM: pix_videoNT: Unable to connect to video driver
>
> This is under Win XP, Dell Inspiron 8600, Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200

Windows is generally not my area, but pix_video captures from a video source
like a DV camera, webcam or digitizer board, and usually has nothing to do with
your GPU (ATI All-in-one might be the exception).  Do you have any video source
for pix_video to use?

> I also get the error:
>
> error: GemGlutObj: compiled without GLUT-support - no rendering of
> GLUT-objects

I think you can safely ignore that error.  Only the teapot used/uses GLUT.

cgc

believed to be clean.