[PD] Gem initial trial run errors.

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Wed Oct 13 03:20:33 CEST 2004

Quoting IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>:

> thewade wrote:
> > pix_texture seems to be the error because when I replace everything below
> > pix_film in 05.film.pd with pix_draw I can see video (the alea.mpg video).
> > What dows this mean? Is the address of the texture space on the video card
> > being mis-addressed somehow (just a 64bit guess)?
>
> 1st i noticed that the new configure silently ignores the
> not-so-new-any-more idea of integrating several different codec-libs.
> please add \"-D__NEW__\" to the CXXFLAGS in Make.config. (i don\'t think
> that this will fix any of the current problems, but probably some others
> that haven\'t yet popped up...)
> you will have to recompile the whole thing (not the whole thing, just
> the stuff in Pixes/)

That is it! I tried the mode and client_storage messages before I rebuilt and I got nothing. i rebuilt with CFLAGS=-fPIC CXXFLAGS=-D__NEW__ and it works!
If I had a video camera (soon...) I bet video would work too. I dont get the do video for this os message anymore!
So for x64 use G.G.\'s configure script and the -fPIC and -D__NEW__ flags everyone!
Thanks!
Even text works!

> what graphic card do you have ? nvidia ? try using their headers (on
> debian they come with nvidia-glx-dev but you have to copy them from
> /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/dev/include/GL to /usr/include/GL)

radeon 9600M10 actually

> as for aviplay: you will most probably need some codecs to decode most
> avi\'s. i don\'t think there are some for amd64

Can I copy them from windows?

-thewade