[PD] RRADicaled drum abstractions...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 13 15:16:33 CEST 2004

Hallo,
chun lee hat gesagt: // chun lee wrote:

> >Uh, and regarding the non-updateing-radio-button-in-parent-problem:
> >Yesterday an elegant solution for this occured to me but today I
> >forgot it again :(
>
> Ya, I thought about solving it and then I realized that I had to go into the
> originator patch to do it and then I will have to distribute a different
> originator along with my abstractions which might cause confusion/conflict
> with the original originator. So, I did not do it at the end.
>
> Anyway, hope the elegant solution has came back to you and let me know when
> its updated.

I think, the elegant solution was to read out the OSC-outlet's output,
and then use the output of [OSCroute /*/preset] for setting the
radiobutton or whatever is used to display substates. This however
would require that the "substate"-messages to [originator] will
generate OSC messages as well, which they currently do not.

Does this sound sensible?

Ciao