[PD] Cd player external?

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 16:31:21 CEST 2004

Hi there:

> I read:
>> Just wondering if there is a cd player external that can play audio cd from
>> the cd drive and output the audio in signal outlets?
>
> AFAIK no, you could use alsaplayer (-> http://www.alsaplayer.org/) , jack
> (-> http://jackit.sf.net/) and
> -> http://test.pilot.fm/pd/externs/apctl-0.0.4a.tar.gz
> to control alsaplayer from pd.

Ok, I now have jack and can start it with:

Jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100

And I also got alsaplayer and can start it with:

Alsaplayer -o jack

Also, I can start pd with:

Pd -jack

Now, alsaplayer is playing cd using jack, but how would I get the audio
signal into pd without the sound coming through alsaplayer? I mean, when
alsaplayer is playing the cd, of course the sound came through via jack. So,
how would I go about it so that the [adc~] is coming from alsaplayer and the
cd can only be heard via [dac~] in pd? Am I making sense? I am a bit
confused at this.

Many thanks

Yours

CHUN