[PD] Cd player external?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 13 16:58:56 CEST 2004

Hallo,
chun lee hat gesagt: // chun lee wrote:

> Now, alsaplayer is playing cd using jack, but how would I get the audio
> signal into pd without the sound coming through alsaplayer? I mean, when
> alsaplayer is playing the cd, of course the sound came through via jack. So,
> how would I go about it so that the [adc~] is coming from alsaplayer and the
> cd can only be heard via [dac~] in pd? Am I making sense? I am a bit
> confused at this.

You need to disconnect alsaplayer's output from the ALSA soundcard
ports, then connect alsaplayer to Pd instead.

Something like:
$ jack_disconnect alsaplayer:out_0 alsa_playback:0
$ jack_disconnect alsaplayer:out_1 alsa_playback:1
$ jack_connect alsaplayer:out_0 pure_data:input0
$ jack_connect alsaplayer:out_1 pure_data:input1

The names are from memory and almost for sure are wrong. Get the real
port names with "jack_lsp".

The qjackctl connection manager will make this a lot more intuitive,
the jack_* method however can be used well in sh-scripts.

Ciao