[PD] using a miroMOTION DC30 with PD/GEM?

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Oct 13 20:18:25 CEST 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 12:11 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> chris clepper wrote:
>> All devices with Quicktime compatible drivers and VDig components
>> should work in GEM.   If the device shows up in the standard QT
>> dialog in an
>
> i guess, max was referring to video-OUT instead of video-IN.

I see, I didn't read the message very carefully.

> i don't think it is possible to output to another device but the
> gfx-card right now (this might change in mid term (is this english
> ??)) (there might be some hacks to capture a portion of the display
> onto the videoOUT-card)

That card might use the QT component for output as well?  I know there
is also a direct firewire output component, but will have to check
about analog outs.  I would think that the driver would allow the video
out to be used like any other display device.

> i would like to have the power of a big machine with analog output.
> any hints/ideas very appreciated.

Get a retail ATI card with S-video output, which work pretty well - I
have used them in a number of situations.  The 9200 and 9800 both have
them and the latter offers a degree overkill/future-proofing for GEM.

cgc